Freedom to Dance 2016 Latin Report by Hans Galke
1. Maurizio Vescovo and Andra Vaidilaite (Canada): completely unchallenged and easy winners of tonight’s Pro Latin final. Maurizio is full of confidence and energy. He seems to enjoy every single moment of his unique dance style. He has a fantastic girl on his hands who manages to be with him under any circumstances without any sign of stress. True commitment and believe in their product and themselves makes them very hard to beat for anybody.
2. Evgenij Smagin and Polina Kazachenko (Russia): the new European Pro Latin Champions
had their best round in the final and could therefore maintain their expected second place. Evgenij is a very talented male dancer and now manages to partner his technical brilliance with a more entertaining performance skill. However in my opinion they should rethink some of their choices of choreography, especially the Samba where for 3/4’s of the routine is without any physical connection!
3. Dorin Frecautanu and Marina Sergeeva (Moldova): I really enjoy watching these two and especially the clean and fluid dance style of Marina. Doreen is the perfect match for her as he gives her the character and charisma sometimes missing by Marina.
4. Emanuele Soldi and Elisa Nasato (Italy): Better posture of Emanuelle and a more relaxed approach as in previous competitions . Always fully committed to their style makes them always a force to be reckoned with. For sure the right way to go …. !
5. Sarunas Greblikas and Victoria Horeva (USA): another unique and for sure a couple unlike
anyone else. A bit like Marmite – you either love it or hate it !!!! Victoria is a beautiful dancer but in my opinion due to their most outrageous choreography the technical brilliance is overshadowed by the unusual steps and intentions.
6. Stanislav Nikolaev and Uliana Maksimkina (Russia): dancing together for a year and a half.
They must have been more than happy to be included to this final , leaving great talent in the semifinal behind them. So keep doing what you do as it seems to work ! Well done ……